Can you answer the following questions about today’s proper dance etiquette?
Do you when asking someone to dance…
- Stand beside the person looking like you want to dance
- Extend your hand to say “would you like to dance the foxtrot?” to identify the dance.
- Ask the person who brought him/her if they mind if you dance with their date.
At the conclusion of the dance do you…
- Leave your partner on the floor
- Walk your partner to the edge of the floor to his or her seat
- Thank and compliment your partner
- Turn away from your partner and say to others. You’ve done your duty for the day.
When declining a dance do you…
- Laugh in his/her face or roll your eyes
- Lightly decline (I’m sorry I’m taking a break or say thank you I’m sorry I promised the dance to someone else.
- Say “no” and turn your head
- Jump up and grab someone else
If you know you have a problem with perspiration do you…
- Ignore it and wonder why people won’t dance with you
- Bring a small towel or a change of clothes
- Laugh it off and let people deal with it
We all wear some form of deodorant don’t we?
If you answered “b” to these questions you will be a most popular dance partner. If not, think about what it feels like to be the recipient of these other actions-NOT GOOD. Remember the golden rule applies to dancing and all situations in life.