Congratulations on your engagement! I’m sure you want to feel like you’ve thought of every last detail for your wedding, and hopefully you feel great about all of it. For most of us, though, I have to admit this is probably not the case. Planning your wedding can be a very stressful process, and the last thing you want to do is add more stress and anxiety to your plate.
If you need a way to release some stress, you could try dance lessons! It could be a fun way for you and your partner to spend some time together, relieve some stress, and still prepare for the big day. Sounds great, right? Then, BAM, it hits you that your partner may want nothing to do with dance lessons. So what can you do? You could just let it go, but you know deep down that this will probably stress you out more.
If you need some help finding ways to convince your partner to open up to the idea of dance lessons, you’ve come to the right place!
- Most importantly, DON’T FORCE IT! Explain that you want to do this as a way for you to spend time together, that you want to learn together.
- Offer up a trade: if your partner tries dance lessons with you, you could try something new that they want to learn.
- Let your partner know how important this is to you. If it is really important to you, they may be more willing to give it a shot.
- Let your partner pick the song, or pick something together that means something special to both of you.
- Mention the idea of doing a mash-up. This can be a good way of keeping things interesting and unique.
- Bring up the fact that lessons will help you look more comfortable on the dance floor, and that you could really WOW your friends and family with your moves.
If you manage to convince your partner to take a few dance lessons with you, be sure to let them know how much you appreciate it! If they can see how happy they’ve made you through this process, they will probably enjoy it more. If you ask me, true love is about making compromises and still being happy with the outcome, simply because you’ve made your partner happy.
Congratulations again on your engagement, and good luck with your planning!
Congratulations on your engagement! I'm sure you want to feel like you've thought of every last detail for your wedding, and hopefully you feel great about all [...]
There are many types of wedding dances that can be performed at your wedding reception. You'll need to find the dances that best [...]